Welcome to my World of Warcraft blog! Here i post hints, exploits, cheats, updates, guide and faq for this game. Most of my post is merely copy and paste, and i taken it from other sites, since i don't play well and can't write well. I'll try to write some guide and articles on that. Well, hope you enjoy! You also can find more WoW guide from link at the sidebar!

Friday, July 13, 2007

Re-useable enchanted items for powerlevelling

I checked the guides up to page 5 and searched for 'white item'; nothing came up so hopefully this isn't a re:

Anyways I make alot of lowbie chars. Now Lowbie chars are exceptionally simple to powerlevel, obviously. However time is time and being the efficiency freak that I am I find it exceedingly useful to cut that time down as much as possible. Particularly since I love getting to 19 for bg pwnage.

That aside, I found that you can make a set of enchanted 'twink' powerlevelling items for your ultra-lowbie chars to ensure maximum efficiency when grinding/powerlevelling. Since I mostly stick with melee chars (pally/warrior) I only did mail but it does apply to all classes in the same respect.

The basic theory is that white items are comparable to greens of the same level in terms of raw armor/dps/etc without the bonuses to stamina or what not. At ultra low levels (generally below level ten) you find most of the greens are .. marginal .. at best. Enchanting them simply makes no sense since you will ultimately destroy/sell/de them later.

However if you take a white (not a grey, that's substandard) item you will say it is NOT soulbound. This means you can take an item with basically the same base stats (again, ac/dps/etc) and enchant it with a mid-high level enchant. Then at that point you can take said item and use it to speed up your levelling.

There are several attractive benefits to this:
A) Speedwalk shoes. I always build a set of cloth shoes (wearable by any class) with the 'minor speed' enchant for +8% move speed. That's 8% less time you spend running around the world, so 8% more time which can be spent to levelling. I also use it in bg for swapping between this and my 'battle set' of stamina enchanted gear for more versatility.
When you finally get a char either a mount or a speed increase through skills (ghostwolf/cheetah/etc) then you can mail this to your next lowbie. Saves you about 7 gold per char.

B) At low levels stamina is ridiculously important. I found that simply enchanting a pair of boots with +5 stam and bracers with +5 stam nearly DOUBLED my hp until about level 8 or 9. This made it considerably easier to powerlevel that char on a near non-stop basis. And that wasn't even when I had my REALLY good set of stam gear!

C) Reduced trips to the auction house. Now you can just slap on a set of gear from 1-15 and gun through the levels. You can do it on higher level whites too but realistically it's less beneficial since the greens/blues are of better value.

D) Savings in money. Obviously it makes little sense to enchant every pair of items you get, but having one set you can use for every character you make on a server's faction is extremely beneficial.


This is pretty much it. It's especially useful for cloaks (+70 armor makes it have extremely good longevity) and bracers/gloves/feet.

Happy hunting!

No comments: